Delhi: 10 yrs jail to man for raping girl
New Delhi: A 27-year-old man has been sent to jail for 10 years by a Delhi fast track court for raping a girl, who later on delivered a child, on the pretext of marrying her.
Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta awarded the jail term to Bihar native Ram Lal Yadav who had repeatedly raped the 18-year-old in 2011 in their employer`s house, where they both were working, by hiding the fact from her that he was already married and was having three kids.
"I am of the considered opinion that as far as involvement of accused Ram Lal Yadav in the commission of the offence under section 376 (rape) of the IPC is concerned, the same is sufficiently established by the reliable evidence and the prosecution has been able to bring the guilt home to Ram beyond shadows of all reasonable doubts and there is no room for hypothesis, consistent with that of innocence of accused.
"I, therefore, hold accused Ram guilty for the offence punishable under section 376 of the IPC and convict him thereunder," the judge said and imposed Rs 10,000 fine on him.
The court noted that the girl had given birth to a girl child whose DNA profiling matched with the accused as her father. It also said that Ram had neglected and left the girl and her child on the road for "licking the dust of the world".
According to the police, the girl was employed as a maid in a house in Pitampura here and Ram was working as a cook there in 2011. He also used to go to his employer`s factory.
During their stay in the same house, they developed friendship and after promising to marry her, the accused got into physical relations with her several times, it had said.
In June 2011, the girl told him that she was pregnant and asked him when they would get marry but he kept on deceiving her with a false promise of marriage, the police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad