Delhi: 1,050 massage parlours to be screened
New Delhi: A detailed screening of over
1,000 massage parlours operating in the city will soon be
carried out by the Delhi Government following complaints that
suspicious activities are taking place in some of them.
The decision to screen the massage parlours was taken
at a state AIDS council meeting presided over by Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit.
An official said as per available reports, 18 per cent
of the 1,050 massage parlours were found to be involved in
Help of police and National AIDS Control Organisation
would be taken in screening the parlours.
"We have decided to categorise the parlours based on
their quality, services and vulnerability," the official said.
The meeting decided to intensify the on-going
awareness programme to educate people about HIV and AIDS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence