Delhi: 11-year-old boy dies after falling into pit
New Delhi: A 11-year-old boy died after falling into a pit filled with water near a hospital construction site in north Delhi, police said on Sunday.
Abhishek, who hailed from Uttar Pradesh, died on Saturday evening near the construction site of Max Super Speciality Hospital. He had come to Delhi with his family members to visit a relative at Haiderpur village near Shalimar Bagh, the police said.
"The boy had come to play with other children. While playing, he slipped and fell into the pit", a police officer said.
The other boys raised an alarm and a man jumped into the pit and brought him out. Abhishek died on way to hospital, the officer said.
"We have registered a case of causing death due to negligence", he said.
"We are investigating whether to initiate criminal proceedings against the hospital or the contractor", the officer added.
The project site was managed by a private contractor. All safety precautions and construction guidelines were being followed at the construction site, the hospital authorities said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145