Delhi: 17-year-old girl gang-raped in moving car
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Yet again a gang-rape incident has been reported from the national capital. In a shocking incident, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by three youths in a moving car in the Safdarjung area of south Delhi Tuesday night.
The sexual assault took place around 8.30 pm on Tuesday when the girl went with the three youths for a drive in south Delhi`s posh Safdarjung Enclave area.
The victim, 17, herself approached the police around 10 pm and informed them about her ordeal.
"A case on the basis of the victim`s statement has been registered. Several teams have been constituted to nab the accused trio who are known to the victim," said a police officer.
The three youths have been identified as Rohit, Tinku and Narender, who were known to the alleged victim.
After rape was confirmed in the medical examination of the girl, a case under section 376 of the IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 (POCSO) was registered, police said.
Last month, four men were given the death sentence for gang-raping a medical student on a moving bus in Delhi in December, a case which saw India gripped by anger and grief. Six men were arrested for the attack; one, who was under 18 at the time, was given the maximum sentence of three years in a reform home by a juvenile court. Another, Ram Singh, committed suicide in his prison cell in March during his trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan