Delhi: 2 labourers killed as wall collapses
New Delhi: Two labourers died here on Friday as a portion of a fire station`s wall collapsed in north-east Delhi this morning, police said.
The incident took place at Gokulpuri at around 8:15 am and the deceased have been identified as Pramod (21) and Zohar (45), who hailed from Bihar.
They were working on a drain near the fire station when the wall collapsed.
There were six labourers were working at the drain.
The wall allegedly became weak because of accummulation of water under its foundation. The labourers who were trapped under the debris were rescued, police said.
They were rushed to the Guru Teg Bahadur (GTB) Hospital where Pramod and Zohar were declared brought dead.
A case of causing death due to negligence has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city