Delhi: 234 touts apprehended at stations
New Delhi: 234 touts and 90 unauthorised vendors have been apprehended from different stations in the last three months under a drive by Northern Railway.
In order to prevent touts from operating at stations, the vigilance wing of Northern Railway in association with RPF launched the drive at ticket counters during the ongoing summer rush from March to May.
"During the checks conducted from March 1 to May 31 this year, 234 touts were apprehended under Section 143/144 of Railway Act 1989," said a senior Northern Railway official.
Besides, 90 unauthorised vendors dealing in catering at station premises were handed over to RPF at Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, New Delhi, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Anand Vihar, Panipat, Ambala & Moradabad during this period.
The vigilance squad also detected 122 persons who were travelling on tickets booked in other names. The squad realised Rs 60,130 as penalty from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM