Delhi: 234 touts apprehended at stations
New Delhi: 234 touts and 90 unauthorised vendors have been apprehended from different stations in the last three months under a drive by Northern Railway.
In order to prevent touts from operating at stations, the vigilance wing of Northern Railway in association with RPF launched the drive at ticket counters during the ongoing summer rush from March to May.
"During the checks conducted from March 1 to May 31 this year, 234 touts were apprehended under Section 143/144 of Railway Act 1989," said a senior Northern Railway official.
Besides, 90 unauthorised vendors dealing in catering at station premises were handed over to RPF at Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, New Delhi, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Anand Vihar, Panipat, Ambala & Moradabad during this period.
The vigilance squad also detected 122 persons who were travelling on tickets booked in other names. The squad realised Rs 60,130 as penalty from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics