Delhi: 234 touts apprehended at stations
New Delhi: 234 touts and 90 unauthorised vendors have been apprehended from different stations in the last three months under a drive by Northern Railway.
In order to prevent touts from operating at stations, the vigilance wing of Northern Railway in association with RPF launched the drive at ticket counters during the ongoing summer rush from March to May.
"During the checks conducted from March 1 to May 31 this year, 234 touts were apprehended under Section 143/144 of Railway Act 1989," said a senior Northern Railway official.
Besides, 90 unauthorised vendors dealing in catering at station premises were handed over to RPF at Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, New Delhi, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Anand Vihar, Panipat, Ambala & Moradabad during this period.
The vigilance squad also detected 122 persons who were travelling on tickets booked in other names. The squad realised Rs 60,130 as penalty from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators