Delhi: 25,000 prosecuted for using tinted glasses
New Delhi: Around 25,000 people were prosecuted in the past nine days for not tinted glasses from their vehicles despite a Supreme Court order.
"We have have gone ahead with prosecution for using dark films in cars and removing these on the spot. People have not given up and they are still moving in their cars with the films on in their vehicles", Satyendra Garg, Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic), said.
He said nearly 25,000 people were prosecuted for not removing the tinted glasses from their vehicles since May four.
"I had expected that people would follow the rules once these have been laid down. We would continue enforcement till compliance is done, however unpopular it may be with the people," Garg said.
Fifty teams of traffic police were deployed across the city to enforce the ban on use of tinted glasses and dark films ordered by the apex court which had fixed Friday as the last date for removal.
Vehicles found flouting the court`s were penalised on the spot and the dark films were peeled off at several places like Mandi House, ITO and Rafi Marg.
Only car windows having company fitted tints will be allowed.
A senior police official said any vehicle found with tinted films on its windows were immediately prosecuted as per the court orders.
Challans were issued irrespective of the percentage of tint and the film will be removed on the spot. If the vehicle owner resists the removal of tinted film, the car will be immediately impounded, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview