Delhi: 3 cheats held for running railway job racket
New Delhi: Three persons were on Sunday arrested for allegedly cheating several youths to the tune of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of getting them placed in Indian Railways through a fake website, police said.
Sagar Saxena, Pravin Kumar and Virender Sharma were nabbed from Vasant Vihar on a complaint filed in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district.
During interrogation, they confessed that they in the connivance with a person, Manish, residing in West Bengal created a fake website that resembled the website of Railway Recruitment Board, Muzaffarpur, and uploaded roll numbers.
Later, they contacted these candidates pretending to be Railways officials and collected money from them to help them get jobs.
Manish, who is yet to be arrested, collected money from these candidates and the booty was shared by them.
"This racket operates at inter-state level and around 400 aspirants from Bihar, Bengal and Haryana have been cheated so far. An amount of Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.5 lakh was charged from each candidate for Group C and D jobs in Indian Railways," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why