Delhi: 3 women allegedly commit suicide following dowry harassment
New Delhi: Three young women allegedly took their own life in the capital due to harassment for dowry, police said.
27-year-old Mamta Sharma allegedly jumped to death from the fourth floor of Triveni Apartment in Vivek Vihar at around 11 AM on Sunday.
Mamata, a mother of two who married nine years ago, took the extreme step allegedly after a heated argument with her mother-in-law.
Police rushed her to a nearby hospital where doctors declared her brought dead.
Police said they were investigating allegations that she was being harassed by her in-laws and her husband Kishan, who denied the charges.
Kishan was not at home when the incident took place.
In another incident, 26-year-old Divya, a teacher in an MCD school, allegedly committed suicide at her Dwarka sector 6 flat on last evening.
She was living with her husband, whom she married an year ago. Her family alleged she took the extreme step due to harassment by her husband who was demanding a car.
An inquiry by Sub-Divisional Magistrate has been ordered. No suicide note has been recovered.
In the third incident reported from Mansarovar Park, Neetu (28) was found dead in mysterious circumstances in her flat. The family has alleged dowry harassment and an SDM enquiry has been ordered.
Police suspect it to be a case of suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'