Delhi: 3 women allegedly commit suicide following dowry harassment
New Delhi: Three young women allegedly took their own life in the capital due to harassment for dowry, police said.
27-year-old Mamta Sharma allegedly jumped to death from the fourth floor of Triveni Apartment in Vivek Vihar at around 11 AM on Sunday.
Mamata, a mother of two who married nine years ago, took the extreme step allegedly after a heated argument with her mother-in-law.
Police rushed her to a nearby hospital where doctors declared her brought dead.
Police said they were investigating allegations that she was being harassed by her in-laws and her husband Kishan, who denied the charges.
Kishan was not at home when the incident took place.
In another incident, 26-year-old Divya, a teacher in an MCD school, allegedly committed suicide at her Dwarka sector 6 flat on last evening.
She was living with her husband, whom she married an year ago. Her family alleged she took the extreme step due to harassment by her husband who was demanding a car.
An inquiry by Sub-Divisional Magistrate has been ordered. No suicide note has been recovered.
In the third incident reported from Mansarovar Park, Neetu (28) was found dead in mysterious circumstances in her flat. The family has alleged dowry harassment and an SDM enquiry has been ordered.
Police suspect it to be a case of suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31