Delhi: 34 child labourers rescued
New Delhi: Thirty-four child labourers, most
of them trafficked from states like Bihar, have been rescued
from central Delhi, officials said on Friday.
The raid was conducted by a joint team of Central Delhi
Task Force on Child Labour, police, labour department
officials and members of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao
The children, who were being forced to back-breaking work
for long hours, were rescued from Amar Pura and Nabi Karim
areas of the capital.
Police yesterday had also arrested a man who killed a
child working in his bindi-making unit in Wazirpur. The
10-year-old was beaten to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’