Delhi: 34 child labourers rescued
New Delhi: Thirty-four child labourers, most
of them trafficked from states like Bihar, have been rescued
from central Delhi, officials said on Friday.
The raid was conducted by a joint team of Central Delhi
Task Force on Child Labour, police, labour department
officials and members of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao
The children, who were being forced to back-breaking work
for long hours, were rescued from Amar Pura and Nabi Karim
areas of the capital.
Police yesterday had also arrested a man who killed a
child working in his bindi-making unit in Wazirpur. The
10-year-old was beaten to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video