Delhi: 34 child labourers rescued
New Delhi: Thirty-four child labourers, most
of them trafficked from states like Bihar, have been rescued
from central Delhi, officials said on Friday.
The raid was conducted by a joint team of Central Delhi
Task Force on Child Labour, police, labour department
officials and members of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao
The children, who were being forced to back-breaking work
for long hours, were rescued from Amar Pura and Nabi Karim
areas of the capital.
Police yesterday had also arrested a man who killed a
child working in his bindi-making unit in Wazirpur. The
10-year-old was beaten to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation