Delhi: 34 child labourers rescued
New Delhi: Thirty-four child labourers, most
of them trafficked from states like Bihar, have been rescued
from central Delhi, officials said on Friday.
The raid was conducted by a joint team of Central Delhi
Task Force on Child Labour, police, labour department
officials and members of child rights NGO Bachpan Bachao
The children, who were being forced to back-breaking work
for long hours, were rescued from Amar Pura and Nabi Karim
areas of the capital.
Police yesterday had also arrested a man who killed a
child working in his bindi-making unit in Wazirpur. The
10-year-old was beaten to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?