Delhi: 4 arrested for illegal trafficking
New Delhi: Four persons have been arrested in connection with recovery of 105 passports from an unclaimed baggage at Indira Gandhi International Airport here with police on Friday claiming to have smashed a human trafficking racket.
A case was registered early this month after Customs
officials handed over the baggage which came in a Turkish
Airlines flight a year ago and was seized during checking.
Investigators claimed that the racket used Qatar, Turkish
and Emirates airlines for trafficking people to the United
States. They used to make people come to Delhi and take them
to Istanbul and then Guatemala.
The illegal immigrants were made to enter the US through
forests, they said.
Sawan Rajnikant Trivedi from Ahemedabad, Guramrit Pal
Ahmedabad from Punjab, Shashi Kiran Reddy from Hyderabad and
Sujeet Kumar from Delhi were arrested following investigations
into the seizure of the baggage containing passports.
Investigators had suspected these passports could have
been used by a human trafficking racket.
Trivedi, who was kidnapped for ransom in 2006, had
allegedly carried the baggage of 105 passports from Guatemala
through Istanbul to Delhi.
"The baggage was delayed at the time of arrival which was
later received by Custom at IGI. Trivedi has a good network in
Gujarat, Delhi and Guatemala," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day