Delhi: 4 held for attack on judges
New Delhi: Four persons were arrested and charged with attempt to murder in connection with the attack on three judges and driver in south-east Delhi following a minor accident, police said on Friday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ajay Garg suffered head injuries and two additional sessions judges Inderjit Singh and MK Nagpal escaped unhurt in the incident which took place in Dakshinpuri last evening. Their driver Chaman Lal was also injured.
Police arrested Anil Raj, his brother Sunil Raj, Rohit and Prashant in connection with the incident.
"While two were placed under arrested yesterday, the remaining two, Sunil Raj and Prashant, were arrested today. We have charged them with attempt to murder on the basis of the statement of the driver," Dharmendra Kumar, Special Commissioner (Law and Order), told reporters here.
He said Lal claimed "the matter was about to be settled when Anil Raj noticed sticker of judiciary in the car. He then told his friends that these people have send them to jails often and then they attacked the judges. They used bricks to attack them."
Emphasising that they will invoke harsher charges in road rage cases, Kumar also appealed to people to take down numbers and hand it over to police to help them in further probe.
He said Anil Raj, who is a salesman in a south Delhi mall, was previously involved in two cases, while his brother is unemployed. Rohit is into purchase and sale of scooters, while Prashant is a hairdresser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video