Delhi: 49 DTC drivers, conductors suspended
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation has
taken punitive action against over 166 drivers and conductors for alleged dereliction of duties in the first two days of a mega drive launched to ensure passenger safety and identify
lacunae in its bus operation.
DTC officials said 40 drivers and nine conductors have
been suspended or terminated from their services while cases
registered against three drivers finding them guilty of
They said 114 drivers and conductors have also been
issued "warning" and told to be careful in future.
In view of the festive season, DTC had launched the
14-day special drive on Tuesday focussing on ensuring safety
of commuters and improving its operation.
The Corporation has deployed all its officers and other
traffic supervisory staff to monitor the bus operation.
A total number of 2,300 buses were checked in the last
two days and stern disciplinary action has been initiated
against the crew who were found negligent in their duties,
said the officials.
The officials said about 1,100 persons were found
traveling without ticket and Rs 2.2 lakhs have been collected
from them as fine.
During the course of the drive, a number of persons were
found travelling in the buses with fake identity card of Delhi
Police, Home Guards and paramilitary forces as well as fake
DTC bus passes. Police and security force personnel can travel
free of cost in DTC buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'