Delhi: 77-year-old man crushed to death by DTC bus
New Delhi: A 77-year-old man, who was riding a bicycle was run over by a rashly driven DTC bus on Sunday morning in the capital, where two youths also died in road mishaps.
Kapil Dev Sharma, a workman who was riding his bicycle, was hit by the DTC bus at Vikaspuri in west Delhi, police said.
The accident happened at 9.15 AM and five others who were on a rickshaw were also injured, they said adding that a case of causing death due to rash and negligent driving has been registered against the errant DTC driver.
Sharma was declared dead at a hospital while the other five were discharged after the first aid, they said.
In another incident, Abhishek Shukla, 23, who hailed from Bahari in Uttar Pradesh and Yumnam Herojit, 23, a resident of Manipur, were killed when their motorcycle hit a central verge at Ring Road near Lajpat Nagar here around 9.40 PM yesterday.
The victims, pursuing MBA at Gayatri Management College in Noida, were driving the motorcycle at a very high speed and died of head injuries and excessive blood loss, police said.
They were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where doctors declared them dead, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi