Delhi a power surplus state: Survey
New Delhi: Delhi has become power surplus state as it generates and purchases more than it consumes, a government survey has found.
According to statistics, in Delhi Statistical Handbook 2013 released here by the city government today, Delhi is power surplus state, as it generates and purchases more than it consumes.
Last year, Delhi locally produced 4,970 million units and purchased 28,472 million units, which comes out to be a total of 33,475 crore, while a total of 21,361 million units of electricity was consumed in the city, leaving a surplus of 12,111 million units, the government data found.
The production of electricity in the national capital saw sharp drop from 8,007 million units in 2011 to 4,970 million units last year, while the discom`s purchase from other states went up from 25,383 million units in 2011 to 28,472 million units last year.
According to the handbook, around one-third of the power generated or purchased is used in domestic consumption while rest is consumed for commercial and industrial purposes, public water work and street lighting and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children