Delhi acid attack: Police arrest accused Manoj
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a gruesome attack, a man threw acid on a teenage girl and her friend here on Sunday for refusing his marriage proposal.
The incident took place in Begumpur, west Delhi.
The accused, identified as Manoj, attacked Parvati (18) and her friend Gayatri (16) with acid when the duo were going to a market last evening.
Manoj, who was on the run, was arrested by the Delhi Police on Monday.
Parvati’s refusal to marry Manoj allegedly triggered the attack. The accused is already married.
"He was troubling my daughter for a long time. We have registered an FIR. When he was beaten by police, he had said that he will stop harassing her. But when she went to the market in the evening, he threw acid on her," Parvati`s mother said.
Parvati had received around 50 per cent burn injuries while Gyatri around 20 per cent burn injuries. The two girls were initially admitted to a nearby government hospital, but were later shifted to the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'