Delhi acid attack: Police arrest accused Manoj
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a gruesome attack, a man threw acid on a teenage girl and her friend here on Sunday for refusing his marriage proposal.
The incident took place in Begumpur, west Delhi.
The accused, identified as Manoj, attacked Parvati (18) and her friend Gayatri (16) with acid when the duo were going to a market last evening.
Manoj, who was on the run, was arrested by the Delhi Police on Monday.
Parvati’s refusal to marry Manoj allegedly triggered the attack. The accused is already married.
"He was troubling my daughter for a long time. We have registered an FIR. When he was beaten by police, he had said that he will stop harassing her. But when she went to the market in the evening, he threw acid on her," Parvati`s mother said.
Parvati had received around 50 per cent burn injuries while Gyatri around 20 per cent burn injuries. The two girls were initially admitted to a nearby government hospital, but were later shifted to the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters