Delhi acid attack: Police arrest accused Manoj
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a gruesome attack, a man threw acid on a teenage girl and her friend here on Sunday for refusing his marriage proposal.
The incident took place in Begumpur, west Delhi.
The accused, identified as Manoj, attacked Parvati (18) and her friend Gayatri (16) with acid when the duo were going to a market last evening.
Manoj, who was on the run, was arrested by the Delhi Police on Monday.
Parvati’s refusal to marry Manoj allegedly triggered the attack. The accused is already married.
"He was troubling my daughter for a long time. We have registered an FIR. When he was beaten by police, he had said that he will stop harassing her. But when she went to the market in the evening, he threw acid on her," Parvati`s mother said.
Parvati had received around 50 per cent burn injuries while Gyatri around 20 per cent burn injuries. The two girls were initially admitted to a nearby government hospital, but were later shifted to the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!