Delhi Airport Metro offers discounted ride for family
New Delhi: In a bid to woo commuters, the Airport Metro Express Line (AMEL), run by Reliance Infrastructure, has offered from Tuesday discounted travel for families or groups, an official said.
"The current tariff of Rs.180 per person between New Delhi Station and Dwarka Sector 21 will come down to Rs.100, a discount of Rs.80 if four or more people travel together. If two people travel together, each of them will have to pay Rs.150, instead of Rs.180 each, a discount of Rs.30 per ticket," a Reliance Infra spokesperson said.
Similarly, for commuters travelling from New Delhi Railway Station to Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport the fare will come down to Rs.100 each for a group of four or more, from Rs 150.
"We have been devising such innovative schemes to benefit commuters and make their travelling experience better and cost-effective. Family fares are introduced to facilitate people who travel with their families," the spokesperson said.
This discount scheme will be available at all six stations of the AMEL.
"With this special family fare, the AMEL commuters will have to shell out less fare compared to cab for the same distance travelled," the spokesperson said.
The Delhi Airport Metro Line is a joint venture between Delhi Metro and Reliance Infra. The Airport Metro ferries about 15,000 people everyday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview