Delhi Airport Metro offers discounted ride for family
New Delhi: In a bid to woo commuters, the Airport Metro Express Line (AMEL), run by Reliance Infrastructure, has offered from Tuesday discounted travel for families or groups, an official said.
"The current tariff of Rs.180 per person between New Delhi Station and Dwarka Sector 21 will come down to Rs.100, a discount of Rs.80 if four or more people travel together. If two people travel together, each of them will have to pay Rs.150, instead of Rs.180 each, a discount of Rs.30 per ticket," a Reliance Infra spokesperson said.
Similarly, for commuters travelling from New Delhi Railway Station to Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport the fare will come down to Rs.100 each for a group of four or more, from Rs 150.
"We have been devising such innovative schemes to benefit commuters and make their travelling experience better and cost-effective. Family fares are introduced to facilitate people who travel with their families," the spokesperson said.
This discount scheme will be available at all six stations of the AMEL.
"With this special family fare, the AMEL commuters will have to shell out less fare compared to cab for the same distance travelled," the spokesperson said.
The Delhi Airport Metro Line is a joint venture between Delhi Metro and Reliance Infra. The Airport Metro ferries about 15,000 people everyday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1