Delhi airport registers record flight movement in an hour
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi International Airport here has handled a record 73 number of flight movements in the country in an hour on a particular day.
"We are delighted to inform you that the Air Traffic Control at Delhi airport handled a total of 73 aircraft movements in one hour on Thursday last, January 24. It is the record number of air traffic movements ever made at any airport in India, thanks to efforts by the ATC team," said I Prabhakara Rao, CEO of Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) which operates the airport.
The record was set between 14:00 and 15:00 hours on January 24.
"For half an hour, two runways were in use and for the other half an hour, all three runways were in use. It is certainly a testimony to the combined efforts of ATC, DIAL and the airlines," Rao said.
The previous high ATM was recorded in December 2012 when 62 flight movements were recorded.
Delhi is the busiest airport handling over 800 flight movements per day.
Mumbai airport, which is the second busiest, has a record of handling around 35 flights in an hour, a DIAL spokesperson said.
Delhi airport is ranked number two in the world by Airport Council International (ACI) in the category of 25-40 million passengers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate