Delhi airport shut for 2 hours till 3 pm
New Delhi: The Delhi airport has been shut down for two hours between 1.00-3.00 pm on Saturday.
As major international flights and huge number of domestic flights operate from the airport, it will surely cause inconvenience to passengers.
What’s more appalling is that the airport authorities have informed the airlines at the last moment, thus creating further chaos.
The airport has been closed for defence radar calibration.
No flight will be allowed to land or take off during the said period.
Indira Gandhi International Airport is a major gateway to India. Located in the national capital, Delhi, it is a vital link between India and rest of the globe. The International Terminal (Terminal II) has 35 airlines flying to major cities across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video