Delhi airspace to be shut for R-Day rehearsals
New Delhi: New Delhi`s airspace will remain closed for an hour between 11.15 am (IST) and 12.15 pm (IST) from January 21 to 24 and on January 26 for Republic Day celebrations, an official said on Thursday.
"There will be no take-off and landing of flights during this period. Flights cannot operate within a radius of 50 nautical miles during this period over the capital`s air space as IAF aircraft will conduct rehearsals for the Republic Day function," a spokesperson for the Delhi International Airport Ltd. (DIAL) told a news agency.
The air space will also remain closed for an hour between 11.15 a.m. (IST) and 12.15 p.m. (IST) on January 26 for the Republic Day function, the official added.
Delhi`s air space is closed every year for rehearsals for Republic Day functions and for Independence Day celebrations on August 15 when IAF performs air shows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead