Delhi airspace to be shut for R-Day rehearsals
New Delhi: New Delhi`s airspace will remain closed for an hour between 11.15 am (IST) and 12.15 pm (IST) from January 21 to 24 and on January 26 for Republic Day celebrations, an official said on Thursday.
"There will be no take-off and landing of flights during this period. Flights cannot operate within a radius of 50 nautical miles during this period over the capital`s air space as IAF aircraft will conduct rehearsals for the Republic Day function," a spokesperson for the Delhi International Airport Ltd. (DIAL) told a news agency.
The air space will also remain closed for an hour between 11.15 a.m. (IST) and 12.15 p.m. (IST) on January 26 for the Republic Day function, the official added.
Delhi`s air space is closed every year for rehearsals for Republic Day functions and for Independence Day celebrations on August 15 when IAF performs air shows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents