Delhi airspace to remain closed for an hour on Jan 23, 24, 26
New Delhi: In view of Republic Day
celebrations, air space over the national capital will remain
closed for an hour on January 23, 24 and 26.
Delhi`s airspace would remain closed for all flight
operations for an hour between 11.15 am and 12.15 pm for
fly-past of Indian Air Force aircraft for Republic Day
preparations on January 23, 24 and on January 26, a Delhi
airport official said.
Full-dress rehearsal for the Republic Day celebrations
would be held on January 23, he said, adding airspace
restrictions were also implemented today at the IGI airport
between 11.15 am and 12.15 pm.
The IGI airport`s airspace remains closed for all flight
operations between 11.15 am and 12.15 pm every year on January
23, 24 and January 26 for Republic Day celebrations.
On January 26, President Pratibha Patil will unfurl the
tricolour and take the salute of marching contingents.
Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono will be the
chief guest at the parade, which will also be attended by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the country`s top political
and military brass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave