Delhi airspace to remain closed for an hour on Jan 23, 24, 26
New Delhi: In view of Republic Day
celebrations, air space over the national capital will remain
closed for an hour on January 23, 24 and 26.
Delhi`s airspace would remain closed for all flight
operations for an hour between 11.15 am and 12.15 pm for
fly-past of Indian Air Force aircraft for Republic Day
preparations on January 23, 24 and on January 26, a Delhi
airport official said.
Full-dress rehearsal for the Republic Day celebrations
would be held on January 23, he said, adding airspace
restrictions were also implemented today at the IGI airport
between 11.15 am and 12.15 pm.
The IGI airport`s airspace remains closed for all flight
operations between 11.15 am and 12.15 pm every year on January
23, 24 and January 26 for Republic Day celebrations.
On January 26, President Pratibha Patil will unfurl the
tricolour and take the salute of marching contingents.
Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono will be the
chief guest at the parade, which will also be attended by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the country`s top political
and military brass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened