Delhi: ASI fires on colleague, victim critical
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector on Wednesday
allegedly shot at a head constable critically injuring him
following an argument over disposal of garbage, police said.
ASI Ramnath Upadhyay (59) fired on head constable
Satender Khokar in Welcome area in north-east Delhi at around
8:30 AM, they said.
The duo, who were neighbours, had got into an argument
over the disposal of garbage.
"When Khokar came out of his house to go to work,
Upadhyay started abusing him. A heated argument followed. The
ASI then snatched the service revolver of the victim and fired
at him," a senior police official said.
Khokar was injured on his chest and stomach, the official
said, adding that the 27-year-old head constable was rushed to
Doctors said he is in a critical condition.
A case has been registered against Upadhyay, who is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode