Delhi: ASI fires on colleague, victim critical
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector on Wednesday
allegedly shot at a head constable critically injuring him
following an argument over disposal of garbage, police said.
ASI Ramnath Upadhyay (59) fired on head constable
Satender Khokar in Welcome area in north-east Delhi at around
8:30 AM, they said.
The duo, who were neighbours, had got into an argument
over the disposal of garbage.
"When Khokar came out of his house to go to work,
Upadhyay started abusing him. A heated argument followed. The
ASI then snatched the service revolver of the victim and fired
at him," a senior police official said.
Khokar was injured on his chest and stomach, the official
said, adding that the 27-year-old head constable was rushed to
Doctors said he is in a critical condition.
A case has been registered against Upadhyay, who is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre