Delhi: ASI fires on colleague, victim critical
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector on Wednesday
allegedly shot at a head constable critically injuring him
following an argument over disposal of garbage, police said.
ASI Ramnath Upadhyay (59) fired on head constable
Satender Khokar in Welcome area in north-east Delhi at around
8:30 AM, they said.
The duo, who were neighbours, had got into an argument
over the disposal of garbage.
"When Khokar came out of his house to go to work,
Upadhyay started abusing him. A heated argument followed. The
ASI then snatched the service revolver of the victim and fired
at him," a senior police official said.
Khokar was injured on his chest and stomach, the official
said, adding that the 27-year-old head constable was rushed to
Doctors said he is in a critical condition.
A case has been registered against Upadhyay, who is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security