Delhi: ASI fires on colleague, victim critical
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector on Wednesday
allegedly shot at a head constable critically injuring him
following an argument over disposal of garbage, police said.
ASI Ramnath Upadhyay (59) fired on head constable
Satender Khokar in Welcome area in north-east Delhi at around
8:30 AM, they said.
The duo, who were neighbours, had got into an argument
over the disposal of garbage.
"When Khokar came out of his house to go to work,
Upadhyay started abusing him. A heated argument followed. The
ASI then snatched the service revolver of the victim and fired
at him," a senior police official said.
Khokar was injured on his chest and stomach, the official
said, adding that the 27-year-old head constable was rushed to
Doctors said he is in a critical condition.
A case has been registered against Upadhyay, who is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province
- UN General Assembly President-elect to visit India
- India needs to tread the innovation path to progress
- Janmashtami 2016: Send these devotional TEXT MESSAGES to your loved ones right away!