Delhi: ASI fires on colleague, victim critical
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector on Wednesday
allegedly shot at a head constable critically injuring him
following an argument over disposal of garbage, police said.
ASI Ramnath Upadhyay (59) fired on head constable
Satender Khokar in Welcome area in north-east Delhi at around
8:30 AM, they said.
The duo, who were neighbours, had got into an argument
over the disposal of garbage.
"When Khokar came out of his house to go to work,
Upadhyay started abusing him. A heated argument followed. The
ASI then snatched the service revolver of the victim and fired
at him," a senior police official said.
Khokar was injured on his chest and stomach, the official
said, adding that the 27-year-old head constable was rushed to
Doctors said he is in a critical condition.
A case has been registered against Upadhyay, who is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees