Delhi Assembly elections: BJP silent on CM candidate
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Having picked Narendra modi as its prime ministerial candidate, the Bharatiya Janata Party is yet to decide who will be the party`s face in the fast approaching Assembly elections in Delhi.
A delay on part of the principal opposition party in declaring its chief ministerial candidate for 2013 Delhi polls might spoil its prospects and its dream to dislodge the incumbent Sheila Dikshit government over issues like rising prices and corruption.
With Congress projecting Sheila Dikshit for the fourth consecutive time and Aam Admi Party making a debut under Arvind Kejriwal`s leadership, the BJP’s poll prospects is expected to be hurt due to the internal bickering within the party over the choice of the CM candidate.
While the senior BJP leaders are desperately trying to put up a united front and rule out internal differences between the Delhi party leaders, it is almost clear that top guns like Vijay Goel, former education minister Harsh Vardhan and VK Malhotra are all fighting hard o become the party`s CM candidate.
Three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
The national BJP leaders need to take a hard step which they took while announcing Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, despite strong opposition from LK Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi