Delhi Assembly Elections: Will BJP name Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It seems that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has finally decided to name its chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming Assembly elections in Delhi, with reports suggesting on Wednesday that party`s senior leader and former minister Harsh Vardhan is the front runner for the post.
The main opposition party had appointed Vijay Goel as the president of its Delhi unit in February 2013 and was most likely to be the BJP’s CM candidate. However, with internal differences between the senior party leaders coming to fore in the last eight months over the leadership issue, the central leadership has now decided to go with Harsh Vardhan, who is said to have a clean image and shares a good rapport with the party members.
However, the final decision in this regard will be taken on October 21 by the party`s parliamentary board, a source claimed.
Goel, the president of the state unit of the BJP who was till now seen as the party`s chief ministerial candidate, is most likely to get a ticket for the 2014 General Elections, said the source.
Assembly elections will be held in the national capital on December 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
Last month, three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands