Delhi Assembly Elections: Will BJP name Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It seems that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has finally decided to name its chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming Assembly elections in Delhi, with reports suggesting on Wednesday that party`s senior leader and former minister Harsh Vardhan is the front runner for the post.
The main opposition party had appointed Vijay Goel as the president of its Delhi unit in February 2013 and was most likely to be the BJP’s CM candidate. However, with internal differences between the senior party leaders coming to fore in the last eight months over the leadership issue, the central leadership has now decided to go with Harsh Vardhan, who is said to have a clean image and shares a good rapport with the party members.
However, the final decision in this regard will be taken on October 21 by the party`s parliamentary board, a source claimed.
Goel, the president of the state unit of the BJP who was till now seen as the party`s chief ministerial candidate, is most likely to get a ticket for the 2014 General Elections, said the source.
Assembly elections will be held in the national capital on December 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
Last month, three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP