Delhi Assembly Elections: Will BJP name Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It seems that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has finally decided to name its chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming Assembly elections in Delhi, with reports suggesting on Wednesday that party`s senior leader and former minister Harsh Vardhan is the front runner for the post.
The main opposition party had appointed Vijay Goel as the president of its Delhi unit in February 2013 and was most likely to be the BJP’s CM candidate. However, with internal differences between the senior party leaders coming to fore in the last eight months over the leadership issue, the central leadership has now decided to go with Harsh Vardhan, who is said to have a clean image and shares a good rapport with the party members.
However, the final decision in this regard will be taken on October 21 by the party`s parliamentary board, a source claimed.
Goel, the president of the state unit of the BJP who was till now seen as the party`s chief ministerial candidate, is most likely to get a ticket for the 2014 General Elections, said the source.
Assembly elections will be held in the national capital on December 4 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
Last month, three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh