Delhi Assembly Monsoon Session poised to be stormy
New Delhi: The Monsoon session of Delhi
Assembly is likely to start on a stormy note tomorrow with BJP
set to corner the government on allegations of corruption in
Commonwealth Games works as well as delay in implementation of
projects linked to the event.
The BJP has already indicated that it will forcefully
raise all issues relating to preparation for the mega event as
"pride of the entire country is associated with it."
Delhi BJP chief Vijendra Gupta today said the party will
stage a demonstration at Delhi Assembly complex tomorrow
demanding resignation of Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit for
alleged financial bunglings in the Games projects.
He claimed that though Dikshit has all information about
the financial bunglings in the Games projects, no action has
been taken against anyone so far.
The Delhi Cabinet, meanwhile, met today to finalise the
government`s strategies to counter the opposition. "We are
ready to face the opposition. We have nothing to hide," said a
Gupta said BJP will also come down hard on the government
on the issue of price rise. "Backbreaking prices of essential
commodities have made life difficult for the common man and we
are certainly going to take up the issue," said Delhi BJP
chief Vijendra Gupta.
He said the party will also forcefully raise the issue of
alleged diversion of Rs 744 crore, meant for welfare schemes
for SC population, to Games projects.
"This is a big economic crime. The guilty should be
sternly punished," he said.
The session, which will have five sittings, ends on August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog