Delhi Assembly passes resolution on full statehood for Capital
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly today passed a
resolution demanding full statehood for the national capital.
The resolution was passed in the absence of BJP MLAs who
were earlier evicted from the House after a protest demanding
the setting up of a House Committee to probe corruption in
Commonwealth Games related projects.
Participating in a discussion, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit said full statehood has been a longstanding demand of
Delhi and it should be granted as government has been facing
difficulties due to multiplicity of authorities.
She said government does not want statehood for Delhi
like that of others but Delhi should get more powers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev