Delhi Assembly passes resolution on full statehood for Capital
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly today passed a
resolution demanding full statehood for the national capital.
The resolution was passed in the absence of BJP MLAs who
were earlier evicted from the House after a protest demanding
the setting up of a House Committee to probe corruption in
Commonwealth Games related projects.
Participating in a discussion, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit said full statehood has been a longstanding demand of
Delhi and it should be granted as government has been facing
difficulties due to multiplicity of authorities.
She said government does not want statehood for Delhi
like that of others but Delhi should get more powers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?