Delhi Assembly passes resolution on full statehood for Capital
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly today passed a
resolution demanding full statehood for the national capital.
The resolution was passed in the absence of BJP MLAs who
were earlier evicted from the House after a protest demanding
the setting up of a House Committee to probe corruption in
Commonwealth Games related projects.
Participating in a discussion, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit said full statehood has been a longstanding demand of
Delhi and it should be granted as government has been facing
difficulties due to multiplicity of authorities.
She said government does not want statehood for Delhi
like that of others but Delhi should get more powers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends