Delhi assembly polls: Auto driver among 3 candidates announced by AAP
New Delhi: An auto-driver and an MNC executive are among the three candidates announced by Arvind Kejriwal- led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for as many assembly constituencies for the upcoming state elections.
The AAP today announced its candidates for Rohini, Devli and Kalkaji assembly constituencies. Bhag Singh, a graduate auto driver, will be the party`s candidate from Kalkaji, while 25-year-old Prakash Jharwal, who was working as an Assistant Manager in a multinational company, is the candidate from Devli assembly constituency.
Rajesh Garg, an RTI activist, is the party`s candidate from Rohini. Meanwhile, a BJP and a Samajwadi party leader today joined AAP, while actor Praveen Kumar, who played the role of `Bheem` in `Mahabharat`, would join the party tomorrow.
BJP leader and former councillor Chaudhary Rambir Singh and Samajwadi Party candidate for Municipal elections from Sonia Vihar Dinesh Yadav formally joined AAP, the party members said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened