Delhi assembly polls: Congress consensus on 20-22 names
New Delhi: The Congress screening committee Saturday arrived at a consensus on the names of 20-22 sitting MLAs to be given tickets for the Dec 4 assembly polls.
"There was consensus on some 20-22 names of MLAs for party tickets. The remaining names will be decided in the next committee meeting on Tuesday," said a senior leader.
Sources said clean record and winning probability were primary considerations for choosing candidates.
A list of 42 sitting MLAs was forwarded by the 27-member Delhi election committee after it failed to unanimously decide on ticket distribution.
A decision on 28 seats will be taken later.
In an earlier screening committee meeting, it was decided that aspirants with serious criminal charges, those who have lost twice from their constituencies or were defeated by more than 10,000 votes would not get tickets.
Around 1,600 applicants are in the fray for tickets, with the final call to be taken by the Sonia Gandhi-headed Central Election Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you