Delhi Assembly session begins on Monday
New Delhi: Issues like bailout package for
private discoms and strengthening the Lokayukta to combat
corruption are likely to dominate the five-day Winter Session
of the Delhi Assembly, beginning on Monday.
The session is also likely to witness Opposition BJP
raising issues like irregularities in selecting unauthorised
colonies for legalisation, corruption, price rise and hike in
CNG prices as well as water tax.
The proceedings will begin with the customary address of
Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna and later during the session, a
discussion will be initiated on deteriorating law and order in
the capital and trifurcation of MCD for better administrative
arrangement and public convenience.
Fireworks are expected on a range of issues as the ruling
Congress and Opposition BJP will try to use the session as a
campaign platform ahead of elections to the Municipal
Corporation of Delhi.
Riding on the issue of Lokpal, BJP will demand
strengthening of the Lokayukta institution in the capital,
asking for the Vigilance Department to be brought under the
Opposition leader VK Malhotra said his party will also
also demand that the power to institute an inquiry and to
award punishment should be given to Lokayukta.
He said rulings by Lokayukta against top Delhi government
functionaries, including ministers, were "not being
Another issue likely to come up in the session is the
Delhi government`s decision to infuse a Rs 500-crore fresh
equity into the BSES keeping in view inability of the company
to pay dues to various generation firms, including NTPC.
BJP has alleged that this bailout was "undue financial
favours" to the tune of Rs 500 crore to power companies under
the "garb" of raising equity.
The party also said they will come down hard on the issue
of alleged irregularities in giving provisional regularisation
certificates to a number of unauthorised colonies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in