Delhi Assembly set to witness stormy session
New Delhi: The Monsoon Session of the Delhi Assembly is likely to start on a stormy note on Monday with BJP set to corner the government on a range of issues including CAG indictment of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged irregularities in certain CWG projects.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra said the Opposition will specifically target Dikshit as the auditor has found her responsible for "questionable decisions" in various CWG projects.
"We have been demanding resignation of Dikshit and we are definitely going to corner the government on the CAG report," said Malhotra. The session, which will run till September 5, will have a total of five sittings. The Chief Minister had called a meeting of Congress Legislature Party to finalise the government`s strategy to counter the opposition.
"We know how to deal with them. They have nothing new to say," said a senior Congress leader. Besides CAG report, BJP leaders said their party will also forcefully raise the issue of hike in power tariff by 22 per cent.
"We will definitely raise the issue as we are not going to accept the hike. The government will have to roll it back," said Malhotra.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission on Friday hiked the power tariff by 22 per cent. The Chief Minister justified the hike even as several Congress MLAs criticised the move saying it would put more burden on the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir