Delhi bar firing: BSP legislator`s son sent to 14 days judicial custody
New Delhi: A court here Thursday jailed the son of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator from Uttar Pradesh for 14 days after he was arrested for allegedly opening fire in an upscale south Delhi bar.
Metropolitan Magistrate Geetanjali Goyal sent Vivek Singh, son of the BSP`s Chander Bir Singh to 14 days judicial custody as demanded by the police.
Vivek was taken into custody late Wednesday night after he opened fire from his licensed weapon, a .32 bore Smith & Wesson revolver, at the Mocha Bar at Satyam Cineplex in Nehru Place following an argument with the bar manager. No one was hurt.
Vivek, who fled the spot but later surrendered to the police, has been charged with attempting to murder the bar manager.
Police said Vivek`s sister along with two of her friends had visited the bar for dinner late Tuesday. She reportedly lost her wallet and went to inquire about it around 11.45 a.m. Wednesday. She was accompanied by Vivek and his wife.
"As Vivek and his wife waited in their car outside the bar, his sister went inside. She had a heated argument with the bar manager who denied finding the wallet. She went outside and told her brother about the incident," a police officer said Wednesday.
"Vivek, along with his wife and sister, then went inside and had a scuffle with the manager. Vivek pulled out a gun and fired at him. He fled the place leaving his sister and wife in the bar," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31