Delhi-based family booked for cheating
Chandigarh: A Delhi-based family was booked on Sunday for allegedly cheating a corporation bank by submitting "forged" documents to take a loan to the tune of Rs 22 crore, police said here.
A case under various sections of the IPC had been registered against the Delhi-based family on the complaint of Punjab Agro Food Grain Corporation General Manager Rattan Mittal and other officials, they said.
Those booked are Dr S K Jain, his wife and their son- all the residents of Greater Kailash-11, New Delhi.
The accused, who run a company `M/S Reliance Polycrete Ltd` in the Lajpat Nagar area of Delhi, have taken a loan of Rs 22 crore from the bank by submitting forged documents.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death