Delhi-based family booked for cheating
Chandigarh: A Delhi-based family was booked on Sunday for allegedly cheating a corporation bank by submitting "forged" documents to take a loan to the tune of Rs 22 crore, police said here.
A case under various sections of the IPC had been registered against the Delhi-based family on the complaint of Punjab Agro Food Grain Corporation General Manager Rattan Mittal and other officials, they said.
Those booked are Dr S K Jain, his wife and their son- all the residents of Greater Kailash-11, New Delhi.
The accused, who run a company `M/S Reliance Polycrete Ltd` in the Lajpat Nagar area of Delhi, have taken a loan of Rs 22 crore from the bank by submitting forged documents.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16