Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide
New Delhi: A 27-year-old Jet Airways pilot committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan inside his residence here, police said Saturday.
Neeraj Lamba was found hanging at around 2 pm Friday in his Prem Nagar house in west Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
According to a police official, no family member was present in the house at the time of the incident.
"The victim`s mother returned to the house around 2 pm Friday. After her repeated knocking of the door when Lamba did not reply, she took help of her neighbours, and the door was broken open. He was found hanging with a rope tied to the ceiling fan," said the official.
Police got to know about the incident around 4.20 pm after a call from Ayushman hospital where the victim was rushed by the family members.
Lamba, the elder son of the family, had been working with Jet Airways as a pilot for one year and is survived by his parents and younger brother.
No suicide note was recovered from him.
"The reason behind his extreme step is yet to be ascertained as police have questioned his family members, all of his friends, colleagues and neighbours. Probe is on in the case," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption