Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide
New Delhi: A 27-year-old Jet Airways pilot committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan inside his residence here, police said Saturday.
Neeraj Lamba was found hanging at around 2 pm Friday in his Prem Nagar house in west Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
According to a police official, no family member was present in the house at the time of the incident.
"The victim`s mother returned to the house around 2 pm Friday. After her repeated knocking of the door when Lamba did not reply, she took help of her neighbours, and the door was broken open. He was found hanging with a rope tied to the ceiling fan," said the official.
Police got to know about the incident around 4.20 pm after a call from Ayushman hospital where the victim was rushed by the family members.
Lamba, the elder son of the family, had been working with Jet Airways as a pilot for one year and is survived by his parents and younger brother.
No suicide note was recovered from him.
"The reason behind his extreme step is yet to be ascertained as police have questioned his family members, all of his friends, colleagues and neighbours. Probe is on in the case," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!