Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide
New Delhi: A 27-year-old Jet Airways pilot committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan inside his residence here, police said Saturday.
Neeraj Lamba was found hanging at around 2 pm Friday in his Prem Nagar house in west Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
According to a police official, no family member was present in the house at the time of the incident.
"The victim`s mother returned to the house around 2 pm Friday. After her repeated knocking of the door when Lamba did not reply, she took help of her neighbours, and the door was broken open. He was found hanging with a rope tied to the ceiling fan," said the official.
Police got to know about the incident around 4.20 pm after a call from Ayushman hospital where the victim was rushed by the family members.
Lamba, the elder son of the family, had been working with Jet Airways as a pilot for one year and is survived by his parents and younger brother.
No suicide note was recovered from him.
"The reason behind his extreme step is yet to be ascertained as police have questioned his family members, all of his friends, colleagues and neighbours. Probe is on in the case," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming