Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide
New Delhi: A 27-year-old Jet Airways pilot committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan inside his residence here, police said Saturday.
Neeraj Lamba was found hanging at around 2 pm Friday in his Prem Nagar house in west Delhi`s Najafgarh area.
According to a police official, no family member was present in the house at the time of the incident.
"The victim`s mother returned to the house around 2 pm Friday. After her repeated knocking of the door when Lamba did not reply, she took help of her neighbours, and the door was broken open. He was found hanging with a rope tied to the ceiling fan," said the official.
Police got to know about the incident around 4.20 pm after a call from Ayushman hospital where the victim was rushed by the family members.
Lamba, the elder son of the family, had been working with Jet Airways as a pilot for one year and is survived by his parents and younger brother.
No suicide note was recovered from him.
"The reason behind his extreme step is yet to be ascertained as police have questioned his family members, all of his friends, colleagues and neighbours. Probe is on in the case," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today