Delhi becoming crime capital of India: VK Malhotra
New Delhi: Condemning attack on Najafgarh`s Independent MLA Bharat Singh, who was shot by unidentified men here, Leader of Opposition in Assembly VK Malhotra on Saturday alleged that Delhi is becoming a crime capital of India.
"Bharat Singh is a powerful person in his area. If somebody comes in his area and shoots him, it shows that the crime scene in the capital has deteriorated," Malhotra said.
"If an MLA can be shot in daylight, that`s very very serious situation is in Delhi. Delhi has become a capital of murderers. We have raised this question many a times. The home minister directly control Delhi`s law and order situation. If he can`t control it, he must be resign," he added.
He further said, "It’s not a question of an MLA. It`s a question of entire people of Delhi."
"Sheila Dikshit should be more alarmed about it. Only calling the Police Commissioner at her residence won`t solve the problem," he added.
Bharat Singh was shot in south-west Delhi by four to five unknown attackers. He has suffered two to three bullet injuries and is being operated upon.
A passer-by was also injured in the incident, which took place near the MLA`s office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village at around 8:30 am, police official said.
Singh is the brother of MCD councillor Krishan Pahalwan against whom there are several criminal cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij