Delhi: Bikers attack three judges in road rage
New Delhi: In a suspected case of road rage, three judges and the driver of the car they were travelling in were attacked by unidentified motorcyclists in south Delhi on Thursday evening.
This is the second incident of attacks on judges here in the past four days.
One of the judges Ajay Garg suffered head injuries while two of his colleagues Additional Sessions Judges Inderjit Singh and M K Nagpal escaped unhurt in the incident which took place at Dakshinpuri J Block at around 5:30 pm.
Garg and the other two judges were in a car and headed to Ambedkar Nagar when the incident took place. The driver of car was also injured in the incident.
When they reached Dakshinpuri, a motorcycle hit their vehicle, following which the bikers accosted the judges and beat up Garg and the driver.
The attackers also allegedly hit Garg`s head with stones.
Garg and the driver, who were injured in the incident, were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre.
The attackers fled the scene leaving the motorcycle at the spot.
A senior police official said the condition of Garg was stable.
Two youth Anil and Rohit, who are in their early 20s, were detained tonight in connection with the attack on the judges.
On May 14, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate of Saket court Sanjay Sharma had been attacked allegedly by an SUV driver after the former had stopped his car on one side of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor, allegedly obstructing the vehicle`s way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative