Delhi: Bikers attack three judges in road rage
New Delhi: In a suspected case of road rage, three judges and the driver of the car they were travelling in were attacked by unidentified motorcyclists in south Delhi on Thursday evening.
This is the second incident of attacks on judges here in the past four days.
One of the judges Ajay Garg suffered head injuries while two of his colleagues Additional Sessions Judges Inderjit Singh and M K Nagpal escaped unhurt in the incident which took place at Dakshinpuri J Block at around 5:30 pm.
Garg and the other two judges were in a car and headed to Ambedkar Nagar when the incident took place. The driver of car was also injured in the incident.
When they reached Dakshinpuri, a motorcycle hit their vehicle, following which the bikers accosted the judges and beat up Garg and the driver.
The attackers also allegedly hit Garg`s head with stones.
Garg and the driver, who were injured in the incident, were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre.
The attackers fled the scene leaving the motorcycle at the spot.
A senior police official said the condition of Garg was stable.
Two youth Anil and Rohit, who are in their early 20s, were detained tonight in connection with the attack on the judges.
On May 14, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate of Saket court Sanjay Sharma had been attacked allegedly by an SUV driver after the former had stopped his car on one side of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor, allegedly obstructing the vehicle`s way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?