Delhi: Bikers attack three judges in road rage
New Delhi: In a suspected case of road rage, three judges and the driver of the car they were travelling in were attacked by unidentified motorcyclists in south Delhi on Thursday evening.
This is the second incident of attacks on judges here in the past four days.
One of the judges Ajay Garg suffered head injuries while two of his colleagues Additional Sessions Judges Inderjit Singh and M K Nagpal escaped unhurt in the incident which took place at Dakshinpuri J Block at around 5:30 pm.
Garg and the other two judges were in a car and headed to Ambedkar Nagar when the incident took place. The driver of car was also injured in the incident.
When they reached Dakshinpuri, a motorcycle hit their vehicle, following which the bikers accosted the judges and beat up Garg and the driver.
The attackers also allegedly hit Garg`s head with stones.
Garg and the driver, who were injured in the incident, were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre.
The attackers fled the scene leaving the motorcycle at the spot.
A senior police official said the condition of Garg was stable.
Two youth Anil and Rohit, who are in their early 20s, were detained tonight in connection with the attack on the judges.
On May 14, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate of Saket court Sanjay Sharma had been attacked allegedly by an SUV driver after the former had stopped his car on one side of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor, allegedly obstructing the vehicle`s way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read