Delhi bizman held for duping Mumbai company of Rs 46-crore
Mumbai: A Delhi-based businessman has been arrested for allegedly cheating a Mumbai-based company dealing in High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) for vehicles to the tune of Rs 46 crore between 2009 and 2013, police said today.
Accused Ravi Somani was arrested on January 18 from Delhi while his three associates are wanted in the case, police said.
According to Economic Offence Wing of the Mumbai police, Somani, one of the directors of Utsav Safety Systems, which also deals in HSRPs, allegedly duped Rosmerta Technologies Ltd by getting supplied raw materials such as aluminium sheets, reflective sheets among others to the tune Rs 46 crore on credit basis but never made any payments.
Somani, along with his associates, even went on threatening the victim of tarnishing Rosmerta`s image by making false complaints against it before the government agencies and police, police said.
Quoting complainant Pankaj Madan, who is the director of Rosmerta, an EOW official said Somani came in contact with the victim`s company in 2009.
Two years later, the accused met the complainant claiming that his company in consortium with another company Link Point Infrastructure Pvt Ltd (LPIL) had bagged contracts of supplying HSRPs in six states including West Bengal, Himanchal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and asked the aggrieved company to supply them raw materials for manufacturing HSRPs, which had been done accordingly by Rosmerta.
Somani later managed to convince Rosmerta company management to enter into a joint venture with his firm for the supply of HSRPs at Delhi in April 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney