Delhi bizman held for duping Mumbai company of Rs 46-crore
Mumbai: A Delhi-based businessman has been arrested for allegedly cheating a Mumbai-based company dealing in High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) for vehicles to the tune of Rs 46 crore between 2009 and 2013, police said today.
Accused Ravi Somani was arrested on January 18 from Delhi while his three associates are wanted in the case, police said.
According to Economic Offence Wing of the Mumbai police, Somani, one of the directors of Utsav Safety Systems, which also deals in HSRPs, allegedly duped Rosmerta Technologies Ltd by getting supplied raw materials such as aluminium sheets, reflective sheets among others to the tune Rs 46 crore on credit basis but never made any payments.
Somani, along with his associates, even went on threatening the victim of tarnishing Rosmerta`s image by making false complaints against it before the government agencies and police, police said.
Quoting complainant Pankaj Madan, who is the director of Rosmerta, an EOW official said Somani came in contact with the victim`s company in 2009.
Two years later, the accused met the complainant claiming that his company in consortium with another company Link Point Infrastructure Pvt Ltd (LPIL) had bagged contracts of supplying HSRPs in six states including West Bengal, Himanchal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and asked the aggrieved company to supply them raw materials for manufacturing HSRPs, which had been done accordingly by Rosmerta.
Somani later managed to convince Rosmerta company management to enter into a joint venture with his firm for the supply of HSRPs at Delhi in April 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse