Delhi bizman held for duping Mumbai company of Rs 46-crore
Mumbai: A Delhi-based businessman has been arrested for allegedly cheating a Mumbai-based company dealing in High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) for vehicles to the tune of Rs 46 crore between 2009 and 2013, police said today.
Accused Ravi Somani was arrested on January 18 from Delhi while his three associates are wanted in the case, police said.
According to Economic Offence Wing of the Mumbai police, Somani, one of the directors of Utsav Safety Systems, which also deals in HSRPs, allegedly duped Rosmerta Technologies Ltd by getting supplied raw materials such as aluminium sheets, reflective sheets among others to the tune Rs 46 crore on credit basis but never made any payments.
Somani, along with his associates, even went on threatening the victim of tarnishing Rosmerta`s image by making false complaints against it before the government agencies and police, police said.
Quoting complainant Pankaj Madan, who is the director of Rosmerta, an EOW official said Somani came in contact with the victim`s company in 2009.
Two years later, the accused met the complainant claiming that his company in consortium with another company Link Point Infrastructure Pvt Ltd (LPIL) had bagged contracts of supplying HSRPs in six states including West Bengal, Himanchal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and asked the aggrieved company to supply them raw materials for manufacturing HSRPs, which had been done accordingly by Rosmerta.
Somani later managed to convince Rosmerta company management to enter into a joint venture with his firm for the supply of HSRPs at Delhi in April 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive