Delhi BJP chief refutes Dikshit`s allegations
New Delhi: Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta on Monday strongly refuted Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s allegations that a NGO run by his wife was involved in financial "wrongdoings".
"There is no substance in these allegations. If there was any substance then the Chief Minister should have shown them," Gupta said.
Dikshit, addressing a press conference earlier in the day, has alleged that NGO `Sampurna`, being run by Gupta`s wife Shobha Vijender was involved in various irregularities.
The chief minister said the NGO has managed to received huge sums of money from MCD as well as Social Welfare department of Delhi government but nobody knows how it was spending the funds.
"The NGO has taken money from the MCD and Social Welfare department. How it is spending money, nobody knows...more facts about it may come to light soon," Dikshit said.
Rejecting the charges, Gupta said the chief minister has become "furious" due to popularity and public support to the 14-day-long Janasangharsh Yatra carried out across the city by him to "expose" alleged corruption involving Dikshit.
"If there was any morality in her, then she should have resigned resigned after the Shunglu Committee and the CAG pointed to the corruption cases in CWG projects," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday