Delhi BJP councillor`s aide arrested on bribe charge
New Delhi: A close aide of BJP councillor Dimple Chaddha has been arrested by CBI for allegedly taking bribe of over Rs one lakh from a builder on his behalf to ensure MCD does not take action against a project in Tilak Nagar area.
Gagan Arora, personal assistant of Chaddha who is South Delhi Municipal councillor from Major Bhupinder Singh Nagar, was arrested by the agency while he was allegedly accepting Rs one lakh from the builder.
"It was alleged that the councillor demanded a bribe of Rs 1.25 lakh to ensure that the MCD building department will not take action on a building under construction by the complainant at Sant Garh, Tilak Nagar, New Delhi.
"CBI laid a trap and the PA to Municipal Councillor was caught red handed while accepting a bribe of Rs. One Lakh from the complainant on behalf of municipal councillor," CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said Arora was presented before the special court and granted police custody till Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened