Delhi BJP councillor`s aide arrested on bribe charge
New Delhi: A close aide of BJP councillor Dimple Chaddha has been arrested by CBI for allegedly taking bribe of over Rs one lakh from a builder on his behalf to ensure MCD does not take action against a project in Tilak Nagar area.
Gagan Arora, personal assistant of Chaddha who is South Delhi Municipal councillor from Major Bhupinder Singh Nagar, was arrested by the agency while he was allegedly accepting Rs one lakh from the builder.
"It was alleged that the councillor demanded a bribe of Rs 1.25 lakh to ensure that the MCD building department will not take action on a building under construction by the complainant at Sant Garh, Tilak Nagar, New Delhi.
"CBI laid a trap and the PA to Municipal Councillor was caught red handed while accepting a bribe of Rs. One Lakh from the complainant on behalf of municipal councillor," CBI spokesperson said here today.
The official said Arora was presented before the special court and granted police custody till Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack