Delhi BJP demands DERC chief`s resignation
New Delhi: Delhi BJP Friday sought to find fault with Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission`s reply on their queries related to tariff determination process, saying they have not given any specific answer and demanded the resignation of its chief.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel demanded that DERC Chairman P D Sudhakar should resign from the post.
Quoting from the DERC letter, Goel said the regulatory authority has noted the tariff determination process undertaken by it is in accordance with the regulations framed by the Commission in terms of section 61 of the Electricity Act, 2003.
"The commission follows an open, transparent procedure under which the tariff petitions filed by the generation, transmission and distribution utilities are widely publicised," he quoted from the letter.
However, Goel said the DERC has given a general answer to the queries they raised pertaining to the tariff.
He said if you ask public to pay inflated bills and then extend rebates, this is not going to benefit them in anyway.
"We will ask DERC to hold a public hearing, which will be attended by DERC chairman and officials, media persons and experts. We will put up questions and all things will be cleared then," he said.
Asserting that common man would not be able to fight powerful discoms, he said, "These people have influence over everybody and they have an extensive reach. Common people will not be able to fight and confront them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?