Delhi BJP demands Dikshit`s resignation
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Wednesday demanded Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s resignation in the wake of Comptroller and Auditor General report finding lacunae in governance and threatened to file a case of negligence against her.
Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said the CAG report has proved the charges his party has been raising against the government regarding electricity, water, transport and health department and Dikshit should resign from her post owing moral responsibility for the same.
"This government has done nothing for the common man. This is the CAG report, which is not made by me. It has brought to fore issues which BJP have been raising since years. A case of criminal negligence can be made against Dikshit and we will talk to our lawyers regarding this," Goel told reporters here.
He said people who didn`t get a flat under Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna will protest at Dikshit`s residence on April 5.
"Four lakh people have filled forms under the Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna, paying Rs 100 each but not a single person got a flat under the scheme...We will put the CAG report in front of all Resident Welfare Association`s (RWA) at Talkatora stadium on April 20 and ask them what should be done with this government," Goel said.
Alleging widespread irregularities in the housing sector, Goel said the government had claimed that 44,720 flats will be built under JNNURM scheme but only 10,684 flats were actually built and barely 85 flats were allotted to beneficiaries.
Slum board had to give 25,000 shelter homes to slum dwellers for which 75 crore has been spent so far but not a single person has got any shelter, the BJP leader claimed.
"CAG reports regarding transport, PWD, hospitals and electricity departments were tabled on the last day of the session so that no discussion can be done on them in the house. Reports from CAG, Shunglu Committee, PAC and Lokayukta have proved her misgovernance," Goel said.
When asked Goel that how come the BJP which is raising questions over the integrity of CAG in Gujarat after it accused Narendra Modi of widespread irregularities is using the same body`s report in Delhi to corner Dikshit government, he tried to dodge the question.
"We have a separate unit in Gujarat, let them answer for themselves. I`m in Delhi and am the president of BJP state unit. I will talk about Delhi only," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan