Delhi BJP demands probe into night shelter `scam`
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged a scam to the tune of Rs 20 crore in the Urban Shelter Improvement Board and demanded that Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna order a probe into the construction of night shelters for homeless poor.
Delhi BJP unit chief Vijender Gupta alleged that the bungling has continued for more than a decade.
In a statement, Gupta demanded Khanna should order a high- level and transparent enquiry of the activities of entire Urban Shelter Improvement Board during the last decade so that people may come to know about this new bungling.
Gupta also demanded that ministers of Delhi government who protected these officers should also be questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi