Delhi BJP demands probe into night shelter `scam`
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged a scam to the tune of Rs 20 crore in the Urban Shelter Improvement Board and demanded that Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna order a probe into the construction of night shelters for homeless poor.
Delhi BJP unit chief Vijender Gupta alleged that the bungling has continued for more than a decade.
In a statement, Gupta demanded Khanna should order a high- level and transparent enquiry of the activities of entire Urban Shelter Improvement Board during the last decade so that people may come to know about this new bungling.
Gupta also demanded that ministers of Delhi government who protected these officers should also be questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees