Delhi BJP demands probe into night shelter `scam`
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged a scam to the tune of Rs 20 crore in the Urban Shelter Improvement Board and demanded that Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna order a probe into the construction of night shelters for homeless poor.
Delhi BJP unit chief Vijender Gupta alleged that the bungling has continued for more than a decade.
In a statement, Gupta demanded Khanna should order a high- level and transparent enquiry of the activities of entire Urban Shelter Improvement Board during the last decade so that people may come to know about this new bungling.
Gupta also demanded that ministers of Delhi government who protected these officers should also be questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home