Delhi BJP demands probe into night shelter `scam`
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged a scam to the tune of Rs 20 crore in the Urban Shelter Improvement Board and demanded that Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna order a probe into the construction of night shelters for homeless poor.
Delhi BJP unit chief Vijender Gupta alleged that the bungling has continued for more than a decade.
In a statement, Gupta demanded Khanna should order a high- level and transparent enquiry of the activities of entire Urban Shelter Improvement Board during the last decade so that people may come to know about this new bungling.
Gupta also demanded that ministers of Delhi government who protected these officers should also be questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown