Delhi BJP demands roll back of hike in milk prices
New Delhi: BJP on Monday demanded an immediate roll back of the hike in milk prices by Mother Dairy and Amul, terming it is "unnecessary".
"Mother Dairy, which is Government-run Company, has also increased the milk price by 2 per litre after Amul increased price. Increase in the price of milk by Government Company is totally unjustified," Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan said.
Vardhan also said that on February 1 this year, Mother Dairy had also increased the price of milk, adding that now again after the increase of Re 2 per litre by Amul, the former has followed suit.
"This is injustice with the people of Delhi. Mother Dairy is the largest supplier in Delhi in NCR which supplies about 30 lakh litres per day. In Delhi, the number of consumers of Mother Dairy is the largest. Increase in the price by Government Company is totally unjustified," Vardhan also said.
The BJP leader also said that during the last five years, it has been seen that the public companies follow the decision of private companies to increase the prices.
"This trend is dangerous and anti-people. The entire business of private milk producing companies is in the private sector and depends upon the private milk producers whereas the mother dairy invites tenders for the supply of milk powder for the whole year and its accounts are maintained on annual basis. If such companies increase price 3 to 4 times in a year then it will become unbearable for the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'