Delhi BJP demands roll back of hike in milk prices
New Delhi: BJP on Monday demanded an immediate roll back of the hike in milk prices by Mother Dairy and Amul, terming it is "unnecessary".
"Mother Dairy, which is Government-run Company, has also increased the milk price by 2 per litre after Amul increased price. Increase in the price of milk by Government Company is totally unjustified," Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan said.
Vardhan also said that on February 1 this year, Mother Dairy had also increased the price of milk, adding that now again after the increase of Re 2 per litre by Amul, the former has followed suit.
"This is injustice with the people of Delhi. Mother Dairy is the largest supplier in Delhi in NCR which supplies about 30 lakh litres per day. In Delhi, the number of consumers of Mother Dairy is the largest. Increase in the price by Government Company is totally unjustified," Vardhan also said.
The BJP leader also said that during the last five years, it has been seen that the public companies follow the decision of private companies to increase the prices.
"This trend is dangerous and anti-people. The entire business of private milk producing companies is in the private sector and depends upon the private milk producers whereas the mother dairy invites tenders for the supply of milk powder for the whole year and its accounts are maintained on annual basis. If such companies increase price 3 to 4 times in a year then it will become unbearable for the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested