Delhi BJP files complaint against Aam Aadmi Party
New Delhi: The Delhi state BJP has filed a complaint against the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) with the Chief Election Commissioner for misusing the party`s lotus election symbol, a BJP leader said Wednesday.
The BJP has alleged that the AAP, which is planning to contest the Delhi assembly elections, is demeaning the lotus symbol in its hoardings in the city.
"To gain cheap publicity at the cost of other political parties, the AAP in its hoardings and posters is demeaning and deprecating the BJP`s lotus symbol. This is highly objectionable. It is utterly disrespectful," said a letter written to Chief Election Commissioner V.S. Sampath.
The BJP also alleged that the AAP was spoiling Delhi`s "dignified political culture" by using malicious campaign against rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere