Delhi BJP files complaint against Aam Aadmi Party
New Delhi: The Delhi state BJP has filed a complaint against the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) with the Chief Election Commissioner for misusing the party`s lotus election symbol, a BJP leader said Wednesday.
The BJP has alleged that the AAP, which is planning to contest the Delhi assembly elections, is demeaning the lotus symbol in its hoardings in the city.
"To gain cheap publicity at the cost of other political parties, the AAP in its hoardings and posters is demeaning and deprecating the BJP`s lotus symbol. This is highly objectionable. It is utterly disrespectful," said a letter written to Chief Election Commissioner V.S. Sampath.
The BJP also alleged that the AAP was spoiling Delhi`s "dignified political culture" by using malicious campaign against rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!