Delhi BJP gets new team as Goel focuses on Assembly elections
New Delhi: Three months after he took over reigns of the party, Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel today announced his new team -- a mix of experience, youth and women -- which will aim to recapture power in Delhi after a gap of 15 years when the Assembly polls are held in November.
Ten vice-presidents appointed by Goel includes MLAs Mohan Singh Bisht, Kulwant Rana and former mayors Anita Arya and Meera Agarwal.
The other vice-presidents are Prithvi Raj Sahni, Pawan Sharma, Ashish Sood, Amir Raja Hussain, Abhey Verma and Yogender Chandolia.
Young MLA representing Tughlakabad, Ramesh Vidhuri and youth leader Shikha Rai have been appointed general secretaries of the party. Jai Prakash has also been appointed general secretary.
There will be 10 secretaries including Lakhi Ram Sharma, Mahinder Gupta, Kamaljeet Sahrawat, Nariender Bindal, Vijay Sharma Maithli, Amarjeet Kaur, Anita Bajaj and Gajender Yadav.
Besides, Goel has announced Aman Sinha, Sanjay Kaul, Rajeev Babbar and Sambit Patra as spokespersons.
While young face Gaurav Khari has been appointed Yuva Morcha president, Sudha Sharma has been named as Mahila Morcha President.
The disciplinary committee will comprise Tilak Raj Kataria, Ajay Digpal and former mayors Anpurana Mishra and Savita Gupta.
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's namesake throws slipper at him in Patna, arrested
- Liquor baron Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sahba
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses