Delhi BJP gets new team as Goel focuses on Assembly elections
New Delhi: Three months after he took over reigns of the party, Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel today announced his new team -- a mix of experience, youth and women -- which will aim to recapture power in Delhi after a gap of 15 years when the Assembly polls are held in November.
Ten vice-presidents appointed by Goel includes MLAs Mohan Singh Bisht, Kulwant Rana and former mayors Anita Arya and Meera Agarwal.
The other vice-presidents are Prithvi Raj Sahni, Pawan Sharma, Ashish Sood, Amir Raja Hussain, Abhey Verma and Yogender Chandolia.
Young MLA representing Tughlakabad, Ramesh Vidhuri and youth leader Shikha Rai have been appointed general secretaries of the party. Jai Prakash has also been appointed general secretary.
There will be 10 secretaries including Lakhi Ram Sharma, Mahinder Gupta, Kamaljeet Sahrawat, Nariender Bindal, Vijay Sharma Maithli, Amarjeet Kaur, Anita Bajaj and Gajender Yadav.
Besides, Goel has announced Aman Sinha, Sanjay Kaul, Rajeev Babbar and Sambit Patra as spokespersons.
While young face Gaurav Khari has been appointed Yuva Morcha president, Sudha Sharma has been named as Mahila Morcha President.
The disciplinary committee will comprise Tilak Raj Kataria, Ajay Digpal and former mayors Anpurana Mishra and Savita Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister