Delhi BJP gives relief material to flood victims
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Thursday distributed relief material among people affected by floods in the national capital.
Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel visited the relief camps where people living in the low lying areas near Yamuna have been shifted.
Hitting out at Irrigation and Flood control Minister A K Walia, who is in Geneva for a conference, Goel said, "The flood control board has not met for the last three years."
He said BJP workers would be distributing food, water, medicines, clothes and other basic items among the affected people. "The BJP workers are working round-the-clock to provide relief material to the affected people," Goel said.
Alleging poor arrangement by Delhi government for evacuating flood affected people, he said, "There is no dearth of funds...Yet we can see adhocism in the government`s disaster management."
The party has also set up `Uttarakhand relief material` centre to collect food, clothes, water for people affected by floods and landslides in Uttarakhand.
Goel said in view of the devastation in Uttarakhand, the party has decided to send relief material there.
"The first few trucks containing clothes, medicines and other required material would roll out over the next couple of days from BJP office," he said.
The party has set up a `relief material centre` at its office and appealed to people to donate for the affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi