Delhi BJP launches mass contact programme
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Thursday launched a mass contact programme under which its workers will go on door-to-door visits to establish a connect with voters at grassroots level ahead of December 4 Assembly polls.
Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel launched the mass contact programme `Ghar Ghar BJP` by visiting several houses at Oberoi Apartments in Civil Lines area.
Leading a team of BJP activists, Goel met with the people living there and shared the party`s vision for development of Delhi and also got the feedback forms filled.
"These inputs would be used in drafting manifesto as well as the electoral strategy.
"The party is reaching out to every family and touch every heart in the city through personal contact and mobilisation at the grassroots level under this programme, which is based on the philosophy of back to basics," he said.
As part of the programme, the BJP workers would also share with people Narendra Modi`s vision for nation building.
"In our campaign, we are not only highlighting the failures of Delhi government but also offering solution to the critical issues in the city like, power, water, safety of women, health and hygiene, roads, education.
"When BJP comes to power, we would make policies and implement programmes that would accord Delhi the place it deserves," Goel said.
The programme was simultaneously launched in 280 mandals across Delhi and be undertaken till October 21.
As per programme, a team comprising of three members each - one senior party worker and two others would visit at least 20 houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon