Delhi BJP leader gets bail for man who threw ink on Kejriwal
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader was instrumental in getting Nachiketa Vaghrekar, arrested for throwing black paint on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal at a press conference, out on bail.
Treasurer of New Delhi District BJP Yashpal Varma furnished the bail bond of Vaghrekar, who was released on bail from the police station after he was arrested under Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and Section 448 (house trespass), police sources said.
Confirming that Varma was a party office bearer, Delhi BJP spokesperson Harish Khurana said it was done in his personal capacity and the party has nothing to do anything with it.
"I don`t deny that Varma is our office bearer but he has helped Vaghrekar in getting bail in his personal capacity as both of them were associated with Anna Hazare`s movement and rever him," he said.
Claiming to a BJP worker from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra and also an associate of Anna Hazare, Vaghrekar accused Kejriwal of "betraying Hazare and betraying people" and threw ink on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal and his party colleagues during a press conference here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam