Delhi BJP leader gets bail for man who threw ink on Kejriwal
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader was instrumental in getting Nachiketa Vaghrekar, arrested for throwing black paint on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal at a press conference, out on bail.
Treasurer of New Delhi District BJP Yashpal Varma furnished the bail bond of Vaghrekar, who was released on bail from the police station after he was arrested under Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and Section 448 (house trespass), police sources said.
Confirming that Varma was a party office bearer, Delhi BJP spokesperson Harish Khurana said it was done in his personal capacity and the party has nothing to do anything with it.
"I don`t deny that Varma is our office bearer but he has helped Vaghrekar in getting bail in his personal capacity as both of them were associated with Anna Hazare`s movement and rever him," he said.
Claiming to a BJP worker from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra and also an associate of Anna Hazare, Vaghrekar accused Kejriwal of "betraying Hazare and betraying people" and threw ink on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal and his party colleagues during a press conference here yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed