Delhi BJP leader gets bail for man who threw ink on Kejriwal
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader was instrumental in getting Nachiketa Vaghrekar, arrested for throwing black paint on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal at a press conference, out on bail.
Treasurer of New Delhi District BJP Yashpal Varma furnished the bail bond of Vaghrekar, who was released on bail from the police station after he was arrested under Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and Section 448 (house trespass), police sources said.
Confirming that Varma was a party office bearer, Delhi BJP spokesperson Harish Khurana said it was done in his personal capacity and the party has nothing to do anything with it.
"I don`t deny that Varma is our office bearer but he has helped Vaghrekar in getting bail in his personal capacity as both of them were associated with Anna Hazare`s movement and rever him," he said.
Claiming to a BJP worker from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra and also an associate of Anna Hazare, Vaghrekar accused Kejriwal of "betraying Hazare and betraying people" and threw ink on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal and his party colleagues during a press conference here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley