Delhi BJP leader gets bail for man who threw ink on Kejriwal
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader was instrumental in getting Nachiketa Vaghrekar, arrested for throwing black paint on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal at a press conference, out on bail.
Treasurer of New Delhi District BJP Yashpal Varma furnished the bail bond of Vaghrekar, who was released on bail from the police station after he was arrested under Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and Section 448 (house trespass), police sources said.
Confirming that Varma was a party office bearer, Delhi BJP spokesperson Harish Khurana said it was done in his personal capacity and the party has nothing to do anything with it.
"I don`t deny that Varma is our office bearer but he has helped Vaghrekar in getting bail in his personal capacity as both of them were associated with Anna Hazare`s movement and rever him," he said.
Claiming to a BJP worker from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra and also an associate of Anna Hazare, Vaghrekar accused Kejriwal of "betraying Hazare and betraying people" and threw ink on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal and his party colleagues during a press conference here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report