Delhi BJP leader gets bail for man who threw ink on Kejriwal
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader was instrumental in getting Nachiketa Vaghrekar, arrested for throwing black paint on AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal at a press conference, out on bail.
Treasurer of New Delhi District BJP Yashpal Varma furnished the bail bond of Vaghrekar, who was released on bail from the police station after he was arrested under Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and Section 448 (house trespass), police sources said.
Confirming that Varma was a party office bearer, Delhi BJP spokesperson Harish Khurana said it was done in his personal capacity and the party has nothing to do anything with it.
"I don`t deny that Varma is our office bearer but he has helped Vaghrekar in getting bail in his personal capacity as both of them were associated with Anna Hazare`s movement and rever him," he said.
Claiming to a BJP worker from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra and also an associate of Anna Hazare, Vaghrekar accused Kejriwal of "betraying Hazare and betraying people" and threw ink on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal and his party colleagues during a press conference here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!