Delhi BJP leader held on the charge of rape
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader, who had unsuccesfully contested the 2008 Assembly elections, was arrested for allegedly raping a woman in outer Delhi, police said on Saturday.
Yogesh Attray, who lost the elections to Delhi Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan, was arrested on Saturday after a woman filed a complaint on Thursday.
Police said the case was registered at Vijay Vihar Police Station in Outer Delhi and that Attray was booked under sections 376 (rape), 506 (criminal intimidation), 509 (intending to insult the modesty of any woman) and 313 (causing miscarriage without woman`s consent).
They also said a statement of the victim has been recorded.
Attray lost the 2008 elections to Chauhan by a margin of 30,000 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic