Delhi BJP leader held on the charge of rape
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader, who had unsuccesfully contested the 2008 Assembly elections, was arrested for allegedly raping a woman in outer Delhi, police said on Saturday.
Yogesh Attray, who lost the elections to Delhi Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan, was arrested on Saturday after a woman filed a complaint on Thursday.
Police said the case was registered at Vijay Vihar Police Station in Outer Delhi and that Attray was booked under sections 376 (rape), 506 (criminal intimidation), 509 (intending to insult the modesty of any woman) and 313 (causing miscarriage without woman`s consent).
They also said a statement of the victim has been recorded.
Attray lost the 2008 elections to Chauhan by a margin of 30,000 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway