Delhi BJP leader sings paeans to Dikshit
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
today came in for praise from an unexpected quarter when
senior Delhi BJP leader Harsh Vardhan hailed her as one of the
finest politicians in the national capital.
The BJP leader said he was an ardent "admirer" of
Dikshit who carries a strong personality and led Congress to
three consecutive electoral victory in the city.
"I am an admirer of Sheila Dikshitji. I have highest
regard and greatest love for her personality. Her loving face,
her smartness, psychological insight, her guts to take
decisions even if it may be wrong really impresses me,"
Vardhan said at a book release function here.
"I wish you to occupy higher positions. We want you to
rise to the highest level...We feel proud to say that she is
our chief minister," he said.
However, he identified as her "failure" to provide
adequate water and uninterrupted power supply to the citizens
in her 12-year tenure as Chief Minister. He also requested
Dikshit to improve the "ramshackle transport system" and take
steps to rid the Yamuna of pollution.
Earlier, Dikshit released the book titled "Capital
Phenomenon", a political history of Delhi between 1998 and
2009. The book, written by journalist Sidharth Mishra,
highlights Dikshit`s political achievements and her politics
during the period.
Speaking on the occasion, Dikshit thanked Vardhan for
his compliments and said she would strive hard to make Delhi a
better city to live.
She also called upon educated and talented people to
join politics, saying "otherwise people will keep cursing
Identifying increasing road traffic as a major problem
facing the city, she asked people to use public transport more
and said government would build more BRT corridors across the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore