Delhi BJP observes `black day`, holds demo in city
New Delhi: Countering Congress` rally, Delhi BJP on Sunday observed `black day` and staged protests across the city against the government`s decision to allow foreign direct investment in retail sector.
"If the FDI is implemented, it will badly affect the traders. Also the government has failed to contain the price hike. The life of a common man has become hard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said while addressing a rally.
The BJP`s protest rallies came on a day when Congress also held a rally in the national capital in which party`s bigwigs including party chief Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi conveyed the message that the party was on board on economic reforms.
The BJP had been opposing the FDI in retail and criticising government for its failure to tackle prise rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics