Delhi BJP observes `black day`, holds demo in city
New Delhi: Countering Congress` rally, Delhi BJP on Sunday observed `black day` and staged protests across the city against the government`s decision to allow foreign direct investment in retail sector.
"If the FDI is implemented, it will badly affect the traders. Also the government has failed to contain the price hike. The life of a common man has become hard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said while addressing a rally.
The BJP`s protest rallies came on a day when Congress also held a rally in the national capital in which party`s bigwigs including party chief Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi conveyed the message that the party was on board on economic reforms.
The BJP had been opposing the FDI in retail and criticising government for its failure to tackle prise rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'