Delhi BJP observes `black day`, holds demo in city
New Delhi: Countering Congress` rally, Delhi BJP on Sunday observed `black day` and staged protests across the city against the government`s decision to allow foreign direct investment in retail sector.
"If the FDI is implemented, it will badly affect the traders. Also the government has failed to contain the price hike. The life of a common man has become hard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said while addressing a rally.
The BJP`s protest rallies came on a day when Congress also held a rally in the national capital in which party`s bigwigs including party chief Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi conveyed the message that the party was on board on economic reforms.
The BJP had been opposing the FDI in retail and criticising government for its failure to tackle prise rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32