Delhi BJP observes `black day`, holds demo in city
New Delhi: Countering Congress` rally, Delhi BJP on Sunday observed `black day` and staged protests across the city against the government`s decision to allow foreign direct investment in retail sector.
"If the FDI is implemented, it will badly affect the traders. Also the government has failed to contain the price hike. The life of a common man has become hard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said while addressing a rally.
The BJP`s protest rallies came on a day when Congress also held a rally in the national capital in which party`s bigwigs including party chief Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi conveyed the message that the party was on board on economic reforms.
The BJP had been opposing the FDI in retail and criticising government for its failure to tackle prise rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America