Delhi BJP observes `black day`, holds demo in city
New Delhi: Countering Congress` rally, Delhi BJP on Sunday observed `black day` and staged protests across the city against the government`s decision to allow foreign direct investment in retail sector.
"If the FDI is implemented, it will badly affect the traders. Also the government has failed to contain the price hike. The life of a common man has become hard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said while addressing a rally.
The BJP`s protest rallies came on a day when Congress also held a rally in the national capital in which party`s bigwigs including party chief Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi conveyed the message that the party was on board on economic reforms.
The BJP had been opposing the FDI in retail and criticising government for its failure to tackle prise rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical